Collegiate church of St Paul, Rabat
The Collegiate Church of St Paul is a Roman Catholic parish church located in Rabat, Malta. The church is built on part of the site of the Roman city Melite, which included all of Mdina and a large part of present-day Rabat. There were numerous churches built on the site of the present church which dates from the 17th century. In 1336 bishop Hilarius refers to the church as ecclesia Sancti Pauli de crypta, and also mentions the cemetery and the Roman ditch. The present church was built to replace a church which was completed in 1578. The new church was built with funds provided by the noble woman Guzmana Navarra on plans prepared by Francesco Buonamici. The church building commenced in 1653 was completed by Lorenzo Gafà in 1683. Annexed with the church of St Paul is a smaller church dedicated to St Publius which was rebuilt in 1692 and again in 1726 by Salvu Borg.
Bus 53 186 201 202 from Valletta Bus Terminus.
Bus 201 202 from St. Julians / Sliema Bus Terminus.
Bus X3 202 from Bugibba Terminus.
- Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- Saturdays from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
- Last entrance: 30 minutes before closing time.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.